Manufacturers

Newsletter

Safety

Important Magnet Safety Warning!

Disclaimer: M.O.C.Woodworks, NePalo Cabinetmakers or its owners neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets, M.O.C boards, M.O.C. Stud Finder or any of the products we offer. M.O.C. boards and M.O.C. Stud Finder include rare earth magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, M.O.C boards, M.O.C. Stud Finder and other products we offer, which include personal injuries , property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase.

Neodymium magnets; which are used inside of our products; are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.

  1. Neodymium magnets that are use inside our product are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters could disengage and fly from the magnets.
  2. Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80° C).
  3. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
  4. Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets that are inside of our products as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
  5. Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets which are inside our products! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
  6. Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the M.O.C. Board or M.O.C. Stud Finder.